Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Publication date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty section: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Organization, advertising financial development and social progress over the continent. You will find 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the economic and tech support team for transformative jobs which will dramatically reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable www.online-loan.org/payday-loans-ga growth that is economic. So that you can sharply concentrate the goals associated with Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and guarantee greater developmental effect, five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our distribution for Africa, were identified for scaling up, specifically illuminate and Power Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and increase the well being for the individuals of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic way to the African Development Bank Group. Its made up of Executive Directors who will be representatives of this African developing Bank user nations. Especially the Board accounts for the conduct associated with general operations for the Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the typical framework of this Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and simply simply take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity opportunities and investment loans by the lender; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and administrative budget; (5) prepare the task associated with the Board of Governors; and (6) submit records and yearly reports, along with the administrative spending plans when it comes to approval associated with Board of Governors. The Board does its sort out a few permanent Committees that discuss and review policy and system documents making appropriate tips to your entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation device (BCRM); Secretariat into the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective associated with African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) is always to boost the development effectiveness regarding the Bank with its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and items, and proactive engagement in assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV would be to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate classes, develop and harmonize requirements and techniques, help assessment capability development along with partner agencies and attest into the credibility of both procedures plus the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and multilateral development agencies’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint assessment of co-financed tasks and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions give attention to undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the information Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, is in charge of knowledge management, dissemination and activities that are outreach IDEV evaluations, as well as for giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities in both the lender as well as in its Regional Member nations.
The primary goal regarding the Knowledge Management Officer place is always to offer support to assessment teams in fostering engagement with stakeholders for the assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting evaluative knowledge in methods which are helpful for fulfilling different knowledge needs.
Duties and duties
Underneath the guidance and guidance associated with the Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely with all the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment groups regarding the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement methods;
- Work closely with assessment task managers and groups through the entire assessment procedure to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information in means which can be attentive to consumers needs that are’
- Identify appropriate types of assessment knowledge along with other extract and information, compile, analyse and provide this to be used when you look at the planning of assessment reports, presentations, as well as other knowledge and interaction items;
- Support assessment, knowledge dissemination and management activities (such as for instance conferences, missions, activities) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates within these tasks as needed;
- Identify and contact interior and sources which are outside other stakeholders to get needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and keep history information and documents on appropriate dilemmas, developing associated databases and information systems and upgrading them consequently;
- Make certain that a precise review path is maintained of all of the stakeholder engagement and that all associates and activities are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the least a Master’s level (or equivalent) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy review, or field that is related.
- No less than four (4) years experience that is in development businesses.
- Knowledge of assessment procedures
- Power to recover, package and information that is present into the requirements associated with the client/audience
- Capability to communicate efficiently orally as well as in composing
- Experience or knowledge employed in knowledge administration or interaction
- Expertise in participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Experience with outreach activities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Focus on information.
- Demonstrable power to work collaboratively as a specialist, strong group player having a respect for other individuals additionally the ethical needs for the task.
- Capability to communicate efficiently (written and dental) in English or French, ideally having a working understanding of the other. Proficiency in both English and French will be desirable.
- Competence within the utilization of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power Point); understanding of integrated document management system and/or online interaction networks is an advantage that is added.